Popular dating site Plenty of Fish offers both a paid and a free membership option. POF is a common abbreviation used to refer to it. You might not always feel like using this app. Before you stop using the app, delete your POF account if you no longer wish to use the service.
Follow the instructions in this article to delete a Plenty of Fish account. This is a vital step for maintaining your online anonymity. We’ll discuss every detail. Continue reading.
How to Delete POF Account
You can remove your account if you’re ready to say goodbye permanently to Plenty of Fish. Remember, you cannot restore your account after deletion. Your connections, discussions, and other Plenty of Fish data will also be destroyed if you remove your profile.
- Log in to your POF profile.
- Click My Profile in the drop-down menu after clicking My Profile at the top of the page.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click “Delete Account“.
- Respond to the brief survey asking why you are canceling your account.
Deleted information from POF?
Your account will be permanently deleted. The following data is deleted from POF’s database after deleting your account.
- Your profile and the information you provided while creating it
- Account settings
- Whatever pictures you’ve posted
- All games
- All communications involving said matches
In addition, all active subscriptions will be broken off. Plenty of Fish does not offer refunds following their terms of service.
How To Delete POF Account on iPhone
- You must first open the POF app and log in.
- Once you have signed in, tap the three lines in the top left corner of the home screen.
- Scroll down and choose “Settings” from there.
- Now, click “Delete Account“.
- Give your password, and click “Delete Account” once more.
How To Delete POF Account on Android
- Launch the POF app and touch the Menu symbol (three lines in the top left corner) to remove your POF account on Android.
- Select Settings, then go down and delete the account.
- Enter your password again, and then tap Delete Account.
How to Make Your Plenty of Fish Profile Hide?
Hide your profile if you just want to take a break from dating for a bit without deleting it permanently.
Consider this if you don’t want to completely wipe everything from your Plenty of Fish account. In any event, if you want to hang onto certain memories, use the methods below to hide your profile.
- Log in to your Plenty of Fish account at http://www.pof.com.
- Select My Profile from the page’s top navigation.
- Choose “My Profile” or “Edit Profile” next.
- Scroll down to Profile Visibility and click the Hide Profile button.
Your profile will no longer appear in suggested searches or search results. If you want to un-hide your profile at any moment, simply repeat the process.
How Do I Terminate My Paid Membership?
Your account can be upgraded from a basic profile to one with more benefits. Your chances of discovering the ideal match may increase as a result. It is comparable to other apps. But canceling is best if you find no interest.
We like this option because you don’t have to remove your account forever. Just switch to a free subscription if you currently have one. You can terminate your subscription by doing the following:
- Visit this page and sign in.
- On your phone, navigate to the Account page on the left. If you are using a computer, go to the Premium page at the top.
- Click the “Click here to let your upgrade expire” link.
- State your intention to cancel your subscription.
You won’t be billed for the service after renewing the billing cycle.
Problems With Deleting Your POF Account
You need your login information to delete your POF account. You’ll be unable to delete your account if you’ve forgotten your login or password. Other considerations that could make it challenging to delete your account include the following:
You must cancel your subscription to avoid being forced to continue paying for services you don’t use.
- You’ll have to use the chat feature or figure it out on your own since you can’t call anyone.
- On a web browser, you must remove your account.
- The device you used to sign up for the subscription must be used to cancel it.
You might have any of these problems when attempting to terminate your account.
Can you reactivate my Plenty of Fish account?
You can’t get your exact account back, but you can re-use your screen name if someone else hasn’t already used it.
Many people “hide” their profiles when they are “inactive,” so that if a relationship breaks or they want to return to the dating scene, they can simply “unhide” them.
Contact Plenty of Fish customer care if you believe your POF was removed for no reason. If it sounds too difficult, you can always open a new account.
- Clear your browser of all cookies.
- Sign up with a new email address.
- As you create your account, abide by all POF’s terms of service. Your profile and photographs cannot contain any links. So start up your camera and take some fresh photos!
A dating service like Plenty of Fish (POF) requires a lot of personal information from you when you sign up for an account. You can choose to deactivate your account and have your information taken from POF’s database if you no longer need the service because you’ve established a connection or just don’t want the account. This is a wise effort to enhance internet privacy protection.
You have two choices in Plenty of Fish. You can permanently delete POF account or hide your Plenty of Fish account from view. Both have been covered in this article. We hope you’ll find this useful and that you’ll be able to deactivate your Plenty of Fish account successfully.