What happens if there is a system of buying things first and paying later? Yes, you can do this by using Afterpay. Despite the benefits of using Afterpay, it has some disadvantages, so people want to delete their Afterpay account too. If you want to delete Afterpay account but need help understanding how to do it, this article is for you.
What is Afterpay?
Afterpay is a “buy now, spend later” (BNPL) platform that lets you buy something now, get it, and pay for it in two-weekly installments in the future. Afterpay was started in Sydney, Australia, in 2015, and you can buy everything from clothes and makeup to drugs and flights.
Afterpay has become more prevalent in Australia and New Zealand, especially among younger people. As of December 2019, nine percent of Australians were using it. The platform has grown into the UK (under the name Clearpay) and US markets. It now has more than 8.5 million active users worldwide, up from 3.8 million just a year ago, and has made $7.3 billion in sales so far this year.
Afterpay can be bought at more than 10,000 stores in Australia and New Zealand, including Kmart, Big W, Target, Officeworks, The Iconic, Catch.com.au, and many others. Online stores with a payment platform offer it, and shoppers can use the Afterpay app for Android or IOS to use it in stores.
But even though Afterpay is growing steadily, consumer groups like CHOICE are worried that BNPL plans like Afterpay put people’s finances at risk. It may be presented as a modern version of traditional layaway, but it’s just a different kind of credit. If a store offers Afterpay, sales may increase, which is suitable for the store. However, the shopper risks overspending, overcommitting, and getting deeper and deeper into debt.
Why should you delete Afterpay account?
- You might finish up paying more than you planned.
- After you sign up for an Afterpay payment plan, you may have to pay a fee if you don’t make your payments every two weeks.
- Afterpay’s terms say that the company and its partners can “verify your identity” and “check your ability to make payments” on you or your account. So, you might have to use third-party databases to prove who you are.
- You can choose when your payment is due with credit cards or personal loans. With Afterpay, you can’t.
- The recurring payment plan makes it hard to remember when to pay.
Delete Afterpay Account Via the Website.
You can also directly cancel your Afterpay account by filling out a form and mailing it to Afterpay support. Here’s how to do that.
- To get started, login to your Afterpay account.
- Click the “help” button.
- Then click the “Get I Touch” button.
- Tap on the “I would like to close my account” button.
- Here, you need to put in your registered email address, first and last name, date of birth, phone number, country, and merchant ID.
- After you’ve filled out and checked all the necessary information, click the Privacy Notice box.
- Click the “Submit” button to finish.
How Do I Delete Afterpay Account Through The App?
Here’s how to Delete Afterpay Account via the app:
- Open the Afterpay app on your phone.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select “My Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Deactivate Account” button from here.
- You must provide a reason for canceling the account.
When the procedure is finished, your account will be closed, and you will get an email confirmation.
How To Delete Afterpay Account Using Email
Follow these instructions, and you’re ready to go:
- Open the Gmail app or type “gmail.com” on any browser.
- Put there (Afterpay) support email “[email protected].”
- Click on “Write” in the upper left corner.
- Include a compelling subject line, such as “Request to Delete My Afterpay Account.”
- In the body, explain what’s going on with your account and give them why you want it deleted.
- Remember to say your name, email, username, or the URL of your profile. These might make it easier for them to find you.
- After that, you should go back and proofread your entire email.
- The final step is Sending. Press the Send button.
How to Get Your Afterpay Account Back Online?
The first step to getting your account unfrozen is to go to the Afterpay website and choose “I need help to manage my account” from the list of ways to get in touch. You’ll get a list of options and instructions, and you’ll be able to explain the problem and the transactions you’ve tried to use your Afterpay account for in the message box.
Customer service will look into the situation and decide if they know enough to unfreeze the account. They might also ask you more questions if there are other questions about your transactions or account activity.
Most suspensions of Afterpay accounts stay in place until all late payments, overdue payments, and capped penalties are paid. Most users have a 10-day grace period, after which their accounts will be frozen if payments are still late.
After you log in to the Afterpay app and pay off any past-due payments manually, your account should be back up to date, and Afterpay will be able to unfreeze it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I remove my Afterpay card?
Log into your account and visit the My Account page to remove your Afterpay card. You may withdraw your Afterpay card by clicking the delete button next to it in the My Payment Details section. Your card will be removed from your account when you click the button to confirm your choice.
What is the reason for the suspension of my Afterpay account?
Mastercard’s Afterpay is a payment service that lets people pay for goods and services online with their credit or debit card. If your account is suspended, it may be because you last paid on it a certain time ago.
How can I modify my Afterpay account number?
Sign in to the Afterpay website to modify your Afterpay number. Click My Account on the main page. Change Your Number may be found on the My Account page. Enter your new Afterpay number and hit the Save Changes button.
Does Afterpay hurt your credit?
When you sign up for Afterpay, there is no credit check, and it won’t hurt your credit score as long as you use it well. If you always pay on time, you could think of Afterpay as not affecting your credit score.
How to freeze your Afterpay account?
You can contact them if you don’t want to use Afterpay anymore. Then they will temporarily freeze your Afterpay account, so you can’t use it to shop. You can thaw your account whenever you want. By freezing your AfterPay account, you can track how much you spend.
Does Afterpay add interest to your bill?
Even if you pay late, you won’t be charged interest if you use Afterpay. Instead, if you are late with the payment installment, you will be charged a late fee. It is possible to pay off your Afterpay balance early. Since there is no interest, you won’t be able to save money. You will be able to spend off the debt faster and less likely to have to pay a late fee.
You can close your Afterpay account by contacting customer service or turning it off in the Afterpay app. The above article should have shown you how easy it is to delete Afterpay account.